The Few, the Proud, Your Islanders!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

2016 ANABELLE "Belle" TOVAR

Anabelle "Belle" Tovar has been an Islander since middle school. Along with Alexia Torres and Tara Molina, the trio form a backcourt that have played Club Ball together going into 4 years. 


Belle with Islanders Tara Molina, Lexi Torres
Along the way, Belle has put on some shows on the basketball court!

Look up Baller in the Sports Dictionary and you will find that it's definition literally means Belle Tovar! Ok, better yet, one thing no one can argue about, is that Belle Tovar is a BALLER!

She has been lacing up her shoes since she was a tot and I am sure fans alike were saying the same thing then when they would see her play on the court back then.


Belle Tovar


Behind the fierce competitor, the tough no nonsense player you see on the court is undeniably a joking, jovial, free spirited, easy going, friendly young lady.




Her family is a huge support group. Family is very important to her. Every now and then, you can hear her 4 now 5 yr old brother Ayden getting after her when she misses a shot. She is very close to her family which fits perfect with our relatively small Islander Player-Parent Organization.


Ayden, Mom Brenda, Belle, Matt
Belle, Brothers Matt, Ayden
La Familia!








She is anxious and ready to show her skills and talents on the court. Soon, she begins full time basketball training and vigorous strength and conditioning workouts after an ACL injury sidelined her the last few months.




Her basketball IQ, instincts on the court, skill level, defensive prowess, shooters mentality and ability to score in a variety of ways have her on the list of many colleges around the country.

She is Hungry to say the least!

She is a mainstay to the SA Islander Black team. She plays with Passion and Hates to lose. She simply brings to the table so many intangibles that just can't be coached.

Her range is from deep, I mean from a different zip code. A lot of kids can hit open shots from behind  the arc, she is one of a few players with an aggressive defender on her face that create space for herself and hit an open 3 point shot with remarkable consistency.

Below is a Question and Answer with her.
It will give you a little insight of what a great young lady she is.
A Future Leader in our community!

1) What have you learned playing with the Islanders?
I learned about being a Leader on and off the court. To learn from your mistakes and applying what you have learned.

2) What does being an Islander represent?
Being an Islander represents that there is more to life than just basketball and its also important to having family around.



3) Who is your favorite basketball player?
Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)

4) What were your thoughts about basketball as you went through surgery and rehab?
That it was just a minor setback. I was just thinking about how to get myself back to the way I was and I couldn't let anything get in the way of that.

5) What do love about the game?
I love it because it is my second home. It is my stress reliever. I just love the game of basketball in general, I have been playing for so long that everything feels like second nature like its just part of me.
Belle with College letters

6) Once College Coaches were able to call you, you had plenty of Coaches calling you when you were still in the middle of rehab, how did that make you feel?
Having a lot of Colleges call on me just justifies all the hard work I have put in to the game and that it has really paid off. Basically that I'm not doing this for nothing. Especially with my injury, having College Coaches still calling me is indescribable. It just gave me a lot of confidence that I have lost when I got hurt. It just makes me believe more in myself and makes me realize that I am that much closer to my dreams!

Belle's family #1 Fans

When it comes to lives Challenges, you can either ask "Why Me?" or you can meet those Challenges head on. Belle chose the latter which speaks a lot about her Character and Personality!

And in case you need a reminder of what she can do, check out both videos below

Belle with No Ordinary 3pt shot

Belle Highlights


TAKE NOTICE, Belle Tovar is coming to a gym near you!

SA Islanders
La Familia!