The Few, the Proud, Your Islanders!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pick One of the Above

If you don't play to win, why keep score? It's not if you win or lose, but how you play the game.

Whatever quote you may agree with, you would have to agree that Tim Tebow, quarterback of the Denver Broncos plays with Heart and Passion to try and will his team to win. Putting aside his religion, he sets an example for which is hard to measure. How do you measure someone's Heart and Passion?

Which leads me to this. I would always ask the following question:
If you were the coach and you had to choose one player, which one would you choose?
The most athletic or most fundamentally sound player.
But now I would have to add to the mix, or the player that has the most Heart and Passion.

Of course you can add a lot of more intangibles and possibilities, but for argument sake, you can only pick one of the three scenarios.

I reserve the right to change my answer at any time. But as I went to see some middle and high school girls game over the past week, I would definitely take the players with the most Heart and Passion. 

Why? They will never get tired of learning and training to get better.  Which in turn breeds Winners.

But hey it won't hurt to say a prayer or two when you want to win. Just like they say,
"THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!"