The Few, the Proud, Your Islanders!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

APRIL MATTHEWS, LUNDEN PATTERSON AND ARIANNA CRAVER

APRIL MATTHEWS, LUNDEN PATERSON AND ARIANNA CRAVER
2015's April Matthews, Arianna Craver and Lunden Patterson might as well be sisters for as much as they hang out and get along with each other. They all play with the Mighty Clark Cougars. Expectations are running high as they have one of the deepest teams in the city and expect to make a good run in the playoffs.

These young ladies are there for each other through thick and thin. They have been with me for 2 plus years and it has been a pleasure watching them grow and mature on and off the court. They come away reserved and shy but have very outgoing personalities. They all come from great families and if you come to watch one of their games you will certainly hear one or all of their dads from the stands CHEERING loud and clear! 
APRIL, ARI AND LUNDEN







I asked the all the girls a few questions.

Here is what they had to say.











First up, Lunden Patterson.
She is a 1st team Academic All District as a Junior, NHS member, ranked 9th in her Class about 700 and a 101.9 GPA. 

1. What were your first impressions of Islanders Basketball Club when you joined?
Lunden- My first impression was amazement, and honestly intimidation because of the high skill level and discipline. But I could see it was a close knit organization and that I was becoming part of a family.

2. What is your best memory of playing with the Islanders?
Lunden- My best memory is playing at the Basketball at the Bayou tournament in New Orleans, especially all the fun times we had off the court eating great food and touring the city.

3. What are some important lessons you have learned playing with the Islanders?
LUNDEN PATTERSON
Lunden- I have learned to play hard through anything. Even if my shot is not going down, I have to keep shooting and keep my head up.

4. What would you say being an Islanders player represents?
Lunden- A hard working, smart player, and that together we can get through anything.

5. What are looking forward most for this upcoming High School Basketball season?
Lunden- I want to have fun and a successful senior season. I know I'm going to have great times and create many memories with my friends, but I also want to be a top team that collects wins and makes a deep run in the playoffs.

6. What do you enjoy most about the game of basketball?
Lunden- I love the feeling of winning close games and that I get to do it with my closest friends.

7. What does it mean getting to play with April and Arianna?
Lunden- It's hard to believe that this is our last year together and it is bitter sweet for sure, but I am so excited to finish my high school career with my two best friends.


ARI CRAVER AND APRIL MATTHEWS (MVP'S)



ARI, LUNDEN AND APRIL
Next up, Arianna Craver. 

1. What were your first impressions of Islanders Basketball Club when you joined?
Ari-Everyone worked extremely hard no matter what they did, and that they were pushed to do their best at all times.

2. What is your best memory of playing with the Islanders?
Ari-Playing in al of the close, edge-of-your-seat, nail biter games we were able to finish with a win.


ARI CRAVER
3. What are some important lessons you have learned playing with the Islanders?
Ari-I have learned to stay positive and to play with confidence every time I step out on the court.

4. What would you say being an Islanders player represents?
Ari- Hard work, dedication and heart

5. What are looking forward most for this upcoming High School Basketball season?
Ari-I am looking forward to plain as a team, and being able to compete with my Islander teammates.

6. What do you enjoy most about the game of basketball?
Ari-I love the feeling I get while I'm playing. I can't describe it, but it's one of the best feelings in the world.

7. What does it mean to play with April and Lunden your senior year?
Ari-Being able to play with my Best Friends. Senior year is great because I get to continue to make memories while playing the game I Love!!

Next up, April Matthews.


APRIL MATTHEWS
1. What were your first impressions of Islanders Basketball Club when you joined?
April-That this team means business and that this is the team that is going to push me to become a better player.

APRIL DOING HER BEST LEBRON IMPRESSION

2. What is your best memory of playing with the Islanders?
April-My best memory is playing in tournaments and always coming together as one big family

3. What are some important lessons you have learned playing with the Islanders?
April-I learned that hard work really does pay off in the end, to always pay attention, commit to the game and  always be respectful in everything that I do.

ALL BUSINESS!


4. What would you say being an Islanders player represents?
April-It represents being a hardworking, determined, respectable, humble player and to always enjoy the game of basketball.

5, What are looking forward most for this upcoming High School Basketball season?
April-I look forward to winning the State Championship.

6. What do you enjoy most about the game of basketball?
April-The competitiveness, excitement, the togetherness as a team and applying some of the situations on the court to everyday life








APRIL WITH HER #1 FAN, DAD RICHARD

Wow,  IMPRESSIVE young ladies. When you hear what these young ladies have to say, there is no doubt in mind, they are going places!

It is a pleasure to have them and their families a part of our Organization.

They are intelligent, poised, high character, goal orientated young ladies!

They make me proud!

SA Islanders... La Familia!